Tuesday 4 September 2012

Square pegs in round holes


My answer to this is simple. Yes, but not deliberately. I believed sexuality is a little fluid, some people need to experiment and for all I know that could take years. This makes it seems reasonable that LGBT’s could later decide they are straight.

But, in terms of actually turning someone then not so much. Can we make people Christian, or kind, or smart? We can brainwash them sure, we can condition the human mind to behave in certain ways, but it won’t result in the same psychological state of being as would be found in a ‘naturally straight person’.
I think I remember reading something about a gay person volunteering for a scientific turn me straight program. I’m not talking about those American summer camps (which I find as degrading and as disgusting as fat camps), I’m talking about proper scientific cruelty.

They would get him to...toss off...looking at pictures of men, and then give him electric shocks. They would get him to look at pictures of woman and force orgasm. The results were as you can imagine, interesting. He was turned straight for a while. Then he went mad and killed himself, which was probably not the response they had hoped for. I’d have to reference all this, it’s possible I dreamed this experiment myself, but I’m pretty sure this is all true. Even if I am being oddly delusional today, the point stands, it is hard to change who somebody is without destroying them.

A quick general word of warning about these correctional camps. When you have a problem you examine the problem. You find out what caused it. You work out how you can undo these processes that cause the problem. Thus, if we did for whatever reasons decide being gay was bad, we would need to know exact causes before we could attempt to fix it. Doing the mental or sometimes physical equivalent of beating it out of them only creates psychopaths. It would be impossible to truly change someones sexuality until we understood it in the first place.

Peace,
Mel

Btw, Mel forgot her login details, this is actually Mel's post and not me (Rory) pretending to Mel. Why would I do that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.