Tuesday 25 September 2012

We are Southwell and we like drinking...Carpe Noctum etc etc

I’m now in my third day of student life, and so far so good. Fires, unwanted pregnancies and drug overdoses have all been strangely absent so far. Having met the people down the hall, it’s only a matter of time though.

The obvious starting point when speaking about Uni in a homojournal context is the LGBT society....which umm...I haven’t joined yet. Sue me! I haven’t had time to visit the ‘normal’ students freshers fair, I’ve only been to the one for medical nerds. I do have their first ‘queer cafe’ meeting down in my diary though, with a name like that I couldn’t resist. Plus, free cake and lesbians. I’m also looking forward to joining up with the Manchester LGBT’s for a night out later in term (I’m at notts btw).

Humm what else to speak about? Partial nudity seems to be acceptable for all genders, sexualities and BMI’s (sometimes unfortunately so). Dancing with girls (if you’re a girl) and guys (if your a guy) is also pretty standard. So no worries about clubbing with your same sex partners. You should also note that with regard to dancing....actions to songs like Reach by S Club and of course gangham style are completely and utterly compulsory. So get practising!

Yes, places like this really do exist. I was in this club last night. There is hope for all nerds out there.

Now, a word to the wise about the only gay in college types. This is the age of experimentation, you’re away from home perhaps for the first time. You have your own room...with a lock on it. And overnight guests are standard. There’s also plenty of alcohol....and dare I say drugs around, which makes everyone more touchy feely (wink wink). I think I’ve mentioned before how most girls suddenly become bisexual after a couple of units of alcohol. Make sure you do not fuck up your friendships by taking advantage of this, and make sure you won’t get offended if they are not actually gay!

Also. I recommend bringing an entire wardrobe of fancy dress. I have a few outfits with me, but none that fit in with last night’s bay watch theme, tonight’s caveman (I think I’ll just backcomb my hair) or the army night later this week....

And on that note....
I’m off for a lecture (see look I sound all mature and smart don’t I)?
Mel
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.