Thursday 30 August 2012

I can spell just as well as I can dig holes for myself.

I would like to point out to darling James that I do know there is no 'r' in the word 'Celibacy'. Your evil schemes to make the world think I cannot spell have been foiled *evil laugh*.

You see, this is how we chose each week's theme: We have what we call a theme ideas 'pool', in which we all dump our randomly absurd ideas for themes and then one day, one of us (usually me) comes along and picks three or four of these randomly absurd ideas at random and copy and pastes them into a poll, and then we take it to a vote (because we're a democracy like that) and whichever theme has the most votes wins.

The cause of the misspelling of the word 'Celibacy' was the fact that it was already misspelt in our pool. (I realise the irony here of me asking if misspelt is actually spelled with '-lt' or with '-led', but I'm beyond caring now. Perhaps James' evil plan isn't as foiled as I'd hoped...) I just wanted this known.

I also would like to point out that I realise I'm posting this a day early; it seems eli has become celibate with regard to posting, regarding catching up on sleep/getting rid of post-Japan-jet-lag as being more important than this blog.

To be fair, I don't really blame her.
When it comes to celibacy, it seems that once again this is a topic which I have very little experience in, and therefore have very little to talk about (hence why it took 3 paragraphs to point out my spelling capabilities). I often imagine that being celibate must surely depend on the quality of sex and the quality of whatever it is you've given up sex for... I think even James would have no problems giving up dull and boring sex for either a high quality energy drink, alcoholic drink or whatever the third one was. Not that I'm saying James has dull and boring sex or low quality energy drinks or alcohol, mind you. I think it's time I stop digging.... :/

Apart from most Lindt produce, I haven't yet come across anything I would willingly give up sex for; there are plenty of other things which I could be doing with my time to satisfy my needs, such as dream up some absurd conspiracy theory as to how Sherlock survived jumping from the top of Barts hospital, or fanboying over series 7 of Doctor Who (Saturday 7.20 pm, BBC1, be there or else).

He who dares point out that I need to have a sex life to give up in the first place will [insert very threatening threat here].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.