Friday 8 June 2012

All hail Your Royal Gaynesses

Perhaps this week is not the best week to admit that I'm not the greatest fan of the British Royal Family, nor am I the biggest patriot you will encounter. I've just never seen the point in them, apart from the mildly attractive, yet Ginger, Prince Harry, who can arrive on my doorstep any time he pleases. I'm also rather glad I was away in New York (which, by the way, was amazing, thanks for asking -more on that in a moment) during the Jubilee weekend; I got to miss it all. So perhaps it's rather ironic that I was the homojournalist who suggested this week's theme.

I stand by my opinions on the royal family - after 18 years of life, I still have no idea exactly what it is they do, aside from giving us extra bank holidays for weddings and Jubilees. And then I came to America, and I realised how much their royal highnesses are lived abroad. Suddenly, I began picturing myself as a member of the Royal family, and what I would have done if this were my diamond jubilee that the world is celebrating...

I couldn't help it, sorry :p
Now, before I continue any further, I need to introduce Troy to you all. Troy was (still is, I hope) a particularly attractive, rather cute and just generally adorable in every way, waiter at the restaurant next to the hotel I was staying at. My esteemed colleagues will vouch for me that, for pretty much the entire duration of my stay in the Big Apple, I have done nothing else but witter on about how awesome Troy is, and how I want to marry him. That and checking in on Facebook to Central Park and the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building, and various other New York attractions. I digress.  You'd be forgiven for thinking that I have lost the plot completely, what has an attractive waiter in central Manhattan got to do with my reign? Well, therein lies the answer, for Troy is no longer a waiter in New York City; he and I are happily married and shall be King and King of the universe and all shall answer to us.  (By the way, if by some happy coincidence Troy is reading this, I really hope you a) are gay, b) know who I am and c) accept that we're now happily married and supreme rulers if the universe.)

My lovely husband and I are now celebrating 60 years as supreme emperors/kings of the universe, and all of creation, including the Dalek/Time Lord time war, have a couple of days off to celebrate our glorious reign, much to the displeasure of the economy of life and George Osbourne. Here's what we've done over the past 60 years:
  • Ended the 40 year war on homophobia
  • Issued all homophobes with an immediate death sentence
  • Legalised homosexuality across the cosmos
  • Not let David Cameron or George W. Bush Jr. into office
  • Forced David Tennant to return to the TARDIS
  • Changed the currency of the universe to Jelly Babies and Vodka
  • Brought Dumbledore and Snape back to life
  • Banned Twilight and Justin Bieber
  • Forced Steven Moffat to hurry up with season 3 of Sherlock
  • Exterminated Cancer and HIV/AIDS
  • Introduced cheap London Heathrow to New York JFK flights so that Troy can go and visit his parents and I can go and empty 5th Avenue as many times as I wish
  • Declared Fish Fingers and custard as the national dish of the Earth
  • Made all cities as easy to navigate as midtown Manhattan 
  • Made all tube maps as easy to understand as the London Underground map
  • Declared the Empire State Building as our palace and Central Park as our front garden (the Hogwarts grounds are already our back garden)
  • Erected (hehehe) the Statue of Liberty in said front garden
  • Declared the 31st of May as a universal bank holiday (the day I first met Troy ♥) 
  • Ordered all theatres to offer free tickets to shows on Broadway/equivalent on Friday evenings
  • Defied gravity

And here's how Troy and I want our jubilee celebrated:
  • Plenty of dancing naked men
  • Free alcohol for all
  • Lots of food
  • Clones of ourselves to take on our official duties while we lie on an empty beach somewhere in the Caribbean making love to each other... And also to Moriarty, if he feels up to it. 
That doesn't look like he's going to say no.
Yours Royally,
Kings Rory and Troy
Emperors of the Universe, Joint First Lords of Everything, creators of the supreme Time Lord race, the only people alive who still know the exact location of Platform 9 3/4

4 comments:

  1. LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF. What about naked women? You have to cater for ALL your subjects' 'needs...'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the naked women don't dance around me (or Troy!), then we don't mind :P Perhaps we'll just take the naked male dancers with us to the Caribbean...

      Delete
  2. Naked women are very welcome to dance around Eli and myself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, that's sorted, but you two aren't allowed to take your dancers anywhere near me! :P

      Delete

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.