Monday 7 January 2013

Maybe I was hypnotised.

Greetings, Constant Reader! Another week, another topic, and this week brings us the exciting "LGBTQ Celebrities - Is It Anyone Else's Business?".

Now, when I first heard this, I had two immediate thoughts. I could write about someone we know is LGBTQ:

Such as this guy we almost never mention.
Or someone I really want LGBTQ:

Also a relatively unknown guy here on Homojournal.
But no, I shall be unexpected. I won't write about teenage hunks, I shall, for once, target a man of a different kind.

Why, hello there.
That beautiful man there is Derren Brown, and he has long been an inspiration to me. As an illusionist, he gets to paddle around in the more eldritch swamps of most peoples' minds, and his large-scale experiments (often on TV) are some of the most interesting things that have ever been on. I love Psychology, so I love him. According to 16 year old me he didn't even have a sexuality; It'd be like asking about Pikachu's sexuality - sure, some weirdos will be interested, but the majority of us sane folk won't.

Well, turns out those weirdos were onto something. 

But not with this. This didn't need thinking about.
As stated here, Derren Brown IS gay. When I first discovered this (admittedly about 4 years after he came out), I was already writing for Homojournal, and so his sexuality hadn't had any effect on me: his mentalism made me interested in the human mind, but I was always going to be who I am sexually, regardless of who shared his bed with him. And that, I feel, is the main point of this (admittedly brief) post: if they don't want to share it openly, and they're already people who impress and inspire, then why should celebrities have to tell us if they don't identify as straight?

All I'd like is to know if it improves my chances of sleeping with them.

Yours truly,

James

Although seriously, Tom Daley and Ezra Miller are hot enough to melt diamond. Any chance of a foursome? Threesomes generally go badly, but maybe a foursome would work. Plus, imagine what Derren could make the others do...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.