Monday 28 May 2012

The key here is subtlety...

To some extent, introducing your partner is almost like a 2nd coming out. Before you do this, your family may just assume that it's just a phase, that you're confused or you're just trolling them. However, once you introduce another person into the equation, that changes, because immediately your actions take on a much larger significance in your family's eyes (I mean, come on, now you're wagering other people's emotions; I suppose you could just be a psychopath though).

"I'm just with you for the LOLs."
As such, it's very important to do it right. The wrong approach could colour their opinions of your lifestyle permanently, forever lending your relationships a "Let's not talk about it, maybe it'll go away." air. For instance, if the first time they see your partner they're bent over a table wearing nothing but a nice shirt, they're unlikely to put much stock in your claims that it's a true, emotional relationship, and if they run into your love at the local S/M dungeon, they're unlikely to believe your claims that it's a calm, stable relationship.

Although this is likely going to be sidelined by the fact that your family members apparently frequent S/M dungeons in their spare time.
So, yes, subtlety. Tell them calmly, possibly with said person present so they don't think you're lying hide your crippling lack of success with both sexes. You could even have a BOGOF event, and come out at the same time, but that's really for experts only (however you become an expert in this situation). Hopefully if you've come out already, they can't be too unappreciative. Just do it subtly. This isn't something you really want to do brashly, mainly because if you come out badly, it's awful for you; if you reveal a relationship badly, it's awful for both of you, and having your partner unhappy is something that's (at least according to me) quite frankly unbearable.

It's actually the same as a heterosexual relationship, really: just follow the opposite of my advice on how to come out.

Which means sadly no French maid outfit.
For better or worse, you can contact us at homojournal@gmail.com.

Yours faithfully,

James.

I hope Cretzal read this post, and it made him very uncomfortable.

8 comments:

  1. A really good post, the writing is of a higher quality than usual, the ideas were clear and well thought out. Funny too. Twas brillig, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically the post that I planned least, wrote over the shortest time, and was the most distracted during the writing of - but many thanks nontheless. XD

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's a sign! Don't over think it and keep it simple (rather than taking a whole day :P)

      Delete
  2. Character development. You're doing it right anon.

    Don't think I've neglected your email...the colour coding system and this weeks homojournal post took some crafting.

    Mel, who seems to have logged in as guest slave by accident and can't get out. Oh God. I'm trapped. Help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *this week's

    I'm afraid despite your claims to the contrary, you have neglected my email (I dare say criminally). This is completely understandable, why on earth should my email drift to the top of your to do list, however small a list it may in fact be? However, why you would make reference to fallacies in my post, then specifically invite me to email you for examples only to ignore me is beyond me. Unless of course you didn't actually note any fallacies and you were just looking for something disparaging to say in your original comment... I'm sure this isn't the case, and I eagerly yet patiently await your response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! We have a very long... to do list v.v Some may even say we have a life D: (I will neither deny nor confirm such a claim).
    Mr Anon, you do not seem to be as patient as you claim (though I guess it could all be relative); also there is no need to say so. What is wrong with saying "come oooooon I want an answer and I want it now!"? Even if you were to say it in your much more eloquent and "clever" style of writing... unless that was your way of saying it :P
    Nonetheless, I assure you we are not going against the law (or at least intentionally... I am not 100% familiar with the law :S ).
    If Mel has indeed deceived you into believing there were such fallacies when there were none, then she will be appropriately punished *disappointed look at Mel* Unfortunately for now you can only wait for a reply that WILL arrive sooner or later... more later than sooner knowing Mel.

    Your #1 fan, eager to hear more of your opinions,
    Miu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not mean to imply that you did not have a long to do list or a life, I was simply saying that even if you didn't, my email would still not fall very high on the list. I apologise for any unintended offense. Otherwise, I have no disagreement with you Miu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how you both wound me....Mel

    ReplyDelete

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.