Saturday 26 May 2012

Straight and Proud (and by "proud" I mean not ashamed)


All week we have been reading about all the nice perks about being LGBT, as well as some downsides. I reckon it is all a bit silly thinking about it, because it is not like we have a choice over it and wouldn't want this week to be perceived as a way of persuading people into being LGBT. I hope we all realise how ridiculous such an idea would be.

Anyways, having said this, I am here to defend heterosexuality (as if it needs defending); so I made a list of what I believe could be considered perks about being straight.

1- I know what I want. 
I may be confused about many things, but my sexuality is not one of them. I like men, always have and - most likely - always will. I didn’t have to go through that weird stage most people in the LGBT community have to go through where everything is confusing and full of "do I like guys or girls? Is the way I am feeling a one-off thing? Am I a freak? Am I ok with this?" ecc. Sure I had the occasional "how do I know I am not lesbian?", but I managed to quickly test and refute that hypothesis. I am happy that at least one thing in my life is certain… or relatively so. By now you must all know about my crazy idea that we are all inherently bisexuals, just to different extents (if not, you seriously need to catch up! Start by clicking here).

2- I know how to get it. 
I admit, this is a bit of a silly point, so I will not waste much time on it. What I mean is that there are  plenty of novels and life stories and advice, even from scientists, on how boy-girl interactions work. So I am more informed on how to "lure my victim into my love trap", and stuff like that (have you not read any girly magazines??).

3- Bodies fit perfectly together, like a glove. 
It is as if our bodies are modelled to fit together like pieces of a puzzle. All is, of course, adapted for reproduction, but I just love that cosy feeling. I mean, isn't it awkward being face to face when boobs smash against boobs and penises against penises? I say so, but I love hugging my best friend - a girl with massive boobs (no Mel not you) -  and boobs are comfy… Okay, that is not the point, you get what I mean, right? Moving on.

4- Saving the human race.
Yes, yes, slightly melodramatic; but if mankind were to be on the brink of extinction, and sperm banks were destroyed, we can repopulate the Earth. Although I guess technically if you are a lesbian you can still have straight sex, even though you wouldn't enjoy it, and bisexuals have no problems, but let's ignore that just for the sake of argument and because I don't have much to say. Previous posts have been talking about how IVF is a perk (though I fail to understand why)... well straight people can have both ;) And by that I mean we can reproduce both sexually or by IVF. Also, the knowledge that the child contains both parents' genes is a lovely feeling, passing on your genes and stuff and knowing that there is a human being that is both you and your other half. I think it is quite wonderful to recognise each other in that cutie face that somehow resembles both at  the same time. Maybe it gives a feeling of accomplishment? I wouldn't know and have no plans of finding out soon (you can sigh in relief hun).

5- Living in peace.
Of course it is all relative, and I do not mean free from war (let's be realistic here). All I mean is freedom from things such as gay-bashing, or be able to walk hand in hand with your loved one without being stared at judgementally (though, may I just add that straight inter-racial relationships are still stared at v.v). Heterosexuality is considered the norm, and it is perfectly (socially) acceptable. In fact, it is what some societies and the church EXPECT us to be like. But let's not get into an argument about how they are despicable human beings.

6- No expectation to declare our sexuality.
As discussed in week 7, I am referring to "coming out". Everyone is considered to be straight until the individual "comes out" stating differently. Therefore, we do not have to face those awkward conversations with family (apart from "the talk" dreaded by every teenager) and friends.

7- Marriage approved by the Church.
Straight people can get married in the Church and be recognised by everyone. Even if I personally don't see why someone would care for the Church's approval, I understand that there are some religious people in the LGBT community who look for acceptance from their respective authorities or whatever. Anyways, at least we get a choice, which is always nice (who has more choice now, huh?)

8- I can donate blood 
Oh yes, to quote one of the questions: "Male donors only; in the last 12 moths have you had oral or anal sex with a man, with or without a condom?" They even ask if you are a prostitute *giggles childishly*.

9- Fewer people to be jealous of :D
If you are in a relationship with a straight person, you have  half the world (more or less) . If he is a straight man, there is no need to be jealous of his male friends (unless you are afraid he might become gay in which case, seriously, stop obsessing). Of course I am only talking in general as I am not a jealous person - when someone is as amazing as me jealousy is a ridiculous concept.

10- More diversity in the relationship.
Just a way of saying how each person plays a different and distinct role in the relationship. Similar to the way, in a gay relationship, one is conceived as the male while the other one is the female. Also, in a gay relationship, and I will just be bold and say it, there can be: wanking, blow jobs, anal. That is all. In a straight relationship, on the other hand, there can be: wanking, fingering, blow jobs, licking, anal, "actual sex" and tit-wank. See? Diversity.

11- The world is our battle field.
What I mean by that is simply that there is no need to go to gay bars or gay web sites. There is a greater chance that a random person you meet and fancy is straight rather than gay. Don't think I need to expand on that, it is really straight forward.

12- Most importantly, I love being straight because like guys and not girls ;)
Which is really all that matters.

So that is my list. If you have anything to add or criticise (I do enjoy constructive criticism), then feel free to comment.

Love,

Miu xx

P.S. Don't forget to e-mail us at homojournal@gmail.com for any questions, comments, request or if you are bored and have nothing better to do. We are available 24/7 (that is 24 minutes every 7 hours) so try your luck!

6 comments:

  1. You are not THE best friend with boobs :P
    Sorry, but someone has bigger boobs than you v.v (ok so actually I don't know who has the biggest boobs) but it is not my fault you've never let me sleep and bury my face in your boobs in a totally non-sexual manner xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah don't we all? I thought that's what homojournal was all about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would just like to casually point out that I, a gay man, am still eligible to give blood :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did specify what the question was... gay is closely related to "man on man" anal sex.

      Delete
  4. Only if you haven't had anal sex for ages...

    ReplyDelete

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.