Friday 27 April 2012

I need a Narnian to come out of that closet...

It’s such a typical thing to talk about: your ideal boyfriend. I do it all the time with some of my closest friends, and yet, I still can’t see Mr. Right even when he’s singing and dancing naked in front of me. I confess that I am slightly over-picky when it comes to my ‘type’, and I realise that my pickiness isn’t exactly going to help me get off the market.
Ben Barnes played Prince Caspian in the second and third Narnia films.
I’m one of those people who preaches that it’s got more to do with personality than looks, as you should never judge a book by its cover – in my experience, the best looking people are full of shit (excuse my French). So for me, my ideal boyfriend needs to be similar to me from a point of view of personality or common interest. He needs to appreciate, if possible even like, the same sort of music as me (music is my life and any of my friends will tell you that), in the same way I can appreciate and like most of the 21st century ‘popular’ music – although, whether or not some of that can be considered music is a whole different kettle of fish. He should be able to laugh at the same sort of things as me, and enjoy the same hobbies as me, and so on.

To the more adventurous out there that sounds really dull, but I’ve been in a relationship before where we were complete opposites, in much the same way that gay is the complete opposite of straight. So maybe I’m not adventurous when it comes to my boyfriend, but at the end of the day, I don’t want to have been in more relationships than I have IB points (although at the rate that it’s going at the moment, that looks like the case…). Anyway, I digress. Once I’ve found the right personality match for me, looks are a bonus, although any single guys out there who think they’re a match, be warned, body hair is a big turn off.

If all else fails, I'd probably get a kick out of Moriarty...
Despite all this, I, like many others, fall victim all too often of doing things the wrong way round. Rather than look for people and judge their compatibility based on their personality and what they might bring to a potential relationship, I find myself picking out all the good-looking guys and building up assumptions on their character based on the shoes they’re wearing, or the sunglasses they’re sporting, or the coffee they’re drinking, or the car they drive. Perhaps it’s a good thing that I’m normally too shy to act on my assumptions, because I’d be bitterly disappointed: they’re all straight anyway.

What is it that I look for in the looks department? Well, let me leave this rather splendid picture here and let your dirty imagination do the rest.
Skandar Keynes, who played Edmund in The Chronicles of Narnia... he'll do nicely.
I forgot to mention that my ideal boyfriend must, at the very least, be bisexual with a preference for men (a Kinsey 4.5), else complications are guaranteed to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.