Friday 6 April 2012

Seems I'm the only gay in the village....

On a blog called 'homo-journal'. Funny that...

Anyways, hi all, welcome to Friday on HJ! I'm Rory, and I'm 18, gay, and completely obsessed with Music and Film and TV. When I'm not being depressed/stressing/drinking beer/eating chocolate/a combination of those 4, you'll probably find me at the piano, writing music, or obsessing fanboying over shows like Doctor Who and Sherlock, although I personally don't think I'm obsessed. Every Friday I'm going to offer up my views on pretty much anything, LGBT related or not, and I promise I'll try and make it vaguely humourous...

So, this week's theme is Stereotypes. I HATE stereotypes to the point where even hearing the word makes me shudder. A lot of people argue that they can be useful, temporarily, but if after a while they become useless, then what's the point of them in the first place? It's a bit like when you shopping for a new TV or something. You go shopping to buy a TV you can use for ever and ever until the bloody thing becomes too old and decrepid to stand up on its own, er, stand. You don't go and buy a TV temporarily until it no longer suits your needs....... do you?

They cause more harm than good, too, as far as I'm concerned. Seriously, coming out (more on that in a couple of weeks time) would have been so much easier if there weren't any bloody stereotypes. I also think that they're far too generic to fit even one person, let alone a whole bunch of people. And it's not as if they serve any purpose either... Let's be serious, when was the last time stereotypes were used to benefit someone? I cannot think of an example. Which kinda proves my point: they're stupidly pointless. And the reason why they're pointless, is that everybody is so different, that there's no such thing as 'normal'. Reminds me of the saying "everybody's a foreigner somewhere in the world."

Having said all that, though, I must admit that I do have some of the 'gay'-stereotypes.... I absolutely despise pretty much all forms of sport (taking part and watching >.<), and I'm a pretty artsy sort of guy; I get involved in a lot of music and drama, and probably also too much film and tv  for my own good. And I'm a complete sucker for musicals, they're pretty much the best thing since Doctor Who. But, apart from that, I wouldn't say I'm particularly stereotypically gay.

So, that's all for this week from me, tomorrow's the turn of our straight 'mascot', Miu. Don't forget to leave a comment, and follow our blog, or send us an e-mail at homojournal@gmail.com. Most importantly, is that you don't forget to join us again next week when we get to do it all again (god, I sound like a TV presenter....)

See you next week!
Rory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.