Saturday 28 April 2012

Why of course my ideal boyfriend is my current boyfriend... *shifty look*

I've been asked this question many times, and many times I have even asked myself, but I am yet to find an answer. I don't believe I have a "type", which I guess is not necessarily the same as an "ideal boyfriend" but I'll think about that later. Are there any traits that I particularly prefer in a guy's looks? Duh! I tend to like them dark (light brown/olive not necessarily black), muscly arms, nicely shaped abs though not too much, tall, handsome, with long (wavy or straight) dark hair with light coloured (blue/green/grey you pick) big eyes and nice full lips… *mouth starts watering*

Of course this only works in theory as somehow I have ended up with this very pale, blond and skinny kid who has little resemblance to a MAN (I love you hun!! xx).  My point is… does it really matter? Perhaps it is just me, but when it comes to actual boyfriends… I really don't care if they are not the hottest person on this Earth! I like them for what they are inside. Cliché I know. Don't get me wrong, I don't think my boyfriend is this hideous human being that should be kept in a dark room, handcuffed to the bed for all eternity… well actually I don't mind that idea! But… what was I talking about again?

I can't say he has gone TOTALLY wrong, I mean, he does have hypnotising blue eyes, lovely full lips, and - once upon a time - this long silky hair (I do like long hair when it suits the person perfectly!) But he is not what I consider aesthetically ideal. Then again I guess we must all learn to  "settle", we will never get the most gorgeous guy we can think of; perfection in flesh DOES NOT EXIST. No matter what Descartes says *faking annoying voice*  "in order to be perfect it must exist"... oh please! I can yearn for this guy as much as I want

Ian Somerhalder (aka Damon Salvatore in Vampire Diaries) who I just love to bits 

But I am not going to get him am I!? So I'll have to just settle with this

Well... there is a slight resemblance (NOT)

Nevertheless, hey, if you have to settle for the looks at least you can ace the personality right!? I don't believe we all want some gorgeous guy who proves himself to be a total and absolute dickhead...maybe. So let's see… what qualities would I like in a guy… These are my top 5 (not necessarily in order, that is asking too much)
  1. Intelligent. Nothing is worse than a brainless guy. I am a clever girl (ok so maybe what I really mean is a nerd), so I will need a guy who understands my nerd talk and fantastic IB jokes.
  2. Funny. Always go for the one that makes you laugh! Plus I also heard/read somewhere that laughter will increase your life span (no I don't believe it but… better safe than sorry right?)
  3. Kind.  I wouldn't want to be with a guy who hits me, but with kind I don't only mean to me, but in general, to people and/or animals. It warms my heart to see a guy giving his change to charity or just some random person on the street asking politely.
  4. Passionate. Well… what can I say? You read it in my post last week (if you didn't you better go and do it now!!)
  5. Authentic. Of course all the above won't matter if it is not for real! People who fake their personalities are really the worst. You are your own person, don't convince people to like you for being something different, cause then they wouldn't really like YOU so what's the point? 
So Mr. Perfect can only be so if he is real. Contradiction (read above)? No. What I mean is, you can fantasise all you want about who your ideal boyfriend may be, but if you give yourself unrealistic expectations, you will never find him! A perfect boyfriend is one that DOES have flaws. You may love some of those so called flaws (I know I do), or find them immensely annoying, but in the end you would not want him any different because… he/she just wouldn't be the same without them (I know I've mostly been talking about "he" but that's just cause I'm straight and like guys so don't take it as an offence, same applies for the other sex). On the other hand, if you don't think so and feel the need to change all his flaws in order to make him "perfect", well then, I truly believe you should consider getting a different boyfriend. If you don't like him, don't be with him. Simple. No buts!

So, yeah, my boyfriend is not perfect, far from it in fact, but he is good enough, or good enough for me (maybe) which is really all that matters (for now). Would I have him any different? Naah, where would the fun be in that?

That's all I can tell you for today (<-- that's a lie, if you want to hear more do e-mail!), so I'll leave you with a quote from The Jungle Book (if you don't like Disney you are an incomplete person and I feel very sorry for you):

"Don't spend your time looking around
For something you want that can't be found
When you find out you can live without it
And then go along not thinking about it
I'll tell you something true
The bare necessities of life will come to you" 

Love,

Miu xx

P.S. Don't forget to e-mail us at homojournal@gmail.com for any questions, comments, request or if you are bored and have nothing better to do. We are available 24/7 (that is 24 minutes every 7 hours) so try your luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow, you're going to comment? Thanks! You'll make us feel all special and fuzzy inside.

It'll take us up to 48 hours to get round to making sure your heartfelt messages of admiration and love don't contain any words they shouldn't, but it *might* take less, depending on whether we're drunk or on covert missions to Ann Summers at the time.